However, here comes Tengku Fakhry again.
The Kelantan prince today filed a defamation suit against The Malay Mail, its journalist, editor in chief and its printer the New Straits Time Press (M) Bhd, seeking RM50 million in damages. It was filed through Messrs A.S.Dhaliwal at the Kuala Lumpur High Court registry. He was present with his lawyer Davinder Kaur Dhaliwal.
The plaintiff named Malay Mail Sdn Bhd - the owner of the Malay Mail newspaper and Malay Mail online, its chief news editor Yushaimi Maulud Yahya and reporter identified in the suit as Nurhalim Abbas (he once mentioned Datuk RockyBru should be added to the list as he was Adviser to the paper then).
In the statement of claim, Tengku Fakhry said on May 5, 2010, Malay Mail published a report, which violated his good name and reputation, and directly affected his position and career.
He said the contents of the article gave the impression that he was a person who has no principles, is untrustworthy, a person with criminal tendencies, betrayer and a person, who has no integrity.
Tengku Fakry said the portrayal damaged his dignity in all aspects of his life and caused ruin to his reputation and financial loss.
"The plantiff's title as Tengku Temenggong had been stripped off by the Pemangku Raja," the statement said.
Tengku Fakhry is a director to Syarikat Madani Millenium Auto Sdn Bhd and Vistana Autmobile Sdn Bhd. He is also executive chairman for Petraz Holdings Sdn Bhd and Liquid Gold Sdn Bhd. The prince is also involved in several charities works and is the chairman for the Kelantan Tourism Society, president for Kelantan Shooting Club and chairman for the Tengku Temenggong Kelantan Foundation.
The statement of claim said: "The plaintiff states that all the words, which were published in the article are not true and are not based on any shred of evidence. The article was simply created or was relied upon rumours which do not exist," it said. The alleged article is about an attempted murder on a Kelantan Palace guard.
Tengku Fakhry stated that he did not take immediate action as he was waiting for the decision of the Coroner's Court regarding the death of security guard Ramli Mohamed.
He said the decision of the Coroner's Court clearly shows that he was not involved in any criminal activity as alleged in the article.
The statement also said that since the publication, the plaintiff's family bond had been tense as he had been blamed by the Raja Perempuan of Kelantan for giving the Kelantan Royal Family a bad name. The relationship between the plaintiff and family back to normal only after the decision of the Coroner was given, it said adding that the plaintiff had also received many embarrassing and reviling phone calls.
Apart from RM50 million, Tengku Fakhry is seeking for the defendants to be ordered and instructed to issue and publish an apology, which is acceptable for Tengku Fakhry, in every single media, where previously the publication and defamatory words were published.
Tengku is seeking for an injunction from further publishing the said article. He is also seeking for exemplary and aggravated damages, interests, costs and any other reliefs deemed fit.
Wishing him good luck...