"On the other end of the spectrum, (Kenyan leader) Raila Odinga earns an incredible amount more than the people he governs, and presides over a country that Transparency International would consider one of the most corrupt around (ranked 154 out of 178 countries)," writes Brent Radcliffe of Investopedia.
Making comparison of 10 highest salaries of world leaders, the survey shows Lee deserves such a high pay, much higher than that of Barack Obama (US) and Yoshihiko Noda of Japan.
Top 10 Political Leader's Salary by Country (2010):
1. Lee Hsien Loong (Singapore): $2,183,516
2. Donald Tsang (Hong Kong): $513,245
3. Raila Odinga (Kenya): $427,886
4. Barack Obama (United States): $400,000
5. Nicolas Sarkozy (France): $302,435
6. Stephen Harper (Canada): $296,400
7. Mary McAleese (Ireland): $287,900
8. Julia Gillard (Australia): $286,752
9. Angela Merkel (Germany): $283,608
10. Yoshihiko Noda (Japan): $273,676
It reminds me of PM Najib's Budget 2012, which among others proposed for a revised allowance for Members of Cabinet and Members of Parliament.
How much is Najib getting?
Don't compare his with Lee. I think his is among the lowest in the world. On that note, I believe he deserves slightly more... honest!
Kasi can laaaar!