I had supper with some politicians (including 2 MPs) and bloggers last night, chatting about many things - from Budget 2011 to Galas and Batu Sapi and Rais Yatim. Of course, the Rais-Rockybru issue took center stage. What drew my attention was the sum-up about a 'conspiracy theory' to bring down Rais.
Was there a conspiracy? I didnt find any logic in it but here are their points:
1. Prime Minister Najib Tun Razak is said to be announcing a minor Cabinet reshuffle after tabling Budget 2011 at the Parliament. Najib has had enough of Rais and a few ministers. However, not able to find a good reason to remove Rais, they used Rocky's Bru and a few bloggers to launch political assassination on Rais.
2. That Rocky received a supreme instruction to do so by manipulating Rais' Mexican trip. Some info were already leaked out to him and a few bloggers.
3. That the 'over RM1 billion' high-speed broadband deal was the best ammo, especially when CEOs of all Telcos followed him to Mexico where a deal for Rais' son was chartered. Back home, no papers were found of the deal but the AG chamber was 'used' to provide evidence.
4. That someone persuaded Rais to lodge a police report (he fell into the trap) against Rocky's Bru, knowing that it would make the minister the subject of criticism from many parties. And for him to withdraw the report would be an act of contempt, thus his credibility as a minister, a senior politician and a seasoned lawyer will be at stake.
5. Rocky was advised not to bow out to calls for a handshake with Rais as this will inject the latter with a new lifeline. To 'kill' him, nobody should entertain any effort to solve the 2R confrontation. Even the top leadership 'didnt want that to happen'.
Sounds more like a CIA and KGB plot. I dont find all of it making any sense (except No.4) but I am impressed at how this people drew up such a conspiracy theory.
But who are actually the bad guys here?