update: Home Ministry's sec-gen refutes IGP's claim
Oopsss... the 'war' between Hishammuddin Hussein and Musa Hassan is escalating, both at their best defense and offensive. The Home Ministry has denied what the outgoing IGP described as KDN interference in the police duty while the latter uncompromisingly blamed the ministry for its efficiency.
Hisham said yesterday he was not aware of any kind of interference from KDN which prompted Musa to speak his heart out during a press conference on Monday. On the other hand, he said everything was in order and his relation with Musa was always good (read Utusan here).
(Good in the case of Dr Mahathir and Anwar before the latter was sacked from Cabinet. Both looked okay in public... that's what you meant, Hisham?)
Musa, on the other hand 'blamed' the ministry for its slow response to the list of senior police appointments which caused some States police stations without an OCPD and officer in command.
Bkt Aman, he said sent a list to the ministry sometimes in November last year but no actions were taken to fill up the vacancies for senior police positions (here).
Well... hope both of them are happy now that they dont have to meet up to often after this. As Musa is retiring in a matter of days while Hisham will have Tan Sri Ismail Omar as the new IGP, let's see whether the air fresheners at the Home Ministry is changed to new ones, and whether Hisham and Musa will go on trading accusations, nobody cares!
What matters most is an efficient ministry and a worth-depending police force...