Sunday, September 20, 2009

SALAM AIDILFITRI

Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri, maaf zahir & batin.

Those who anticipated for the big day to fall on Monday Sept 21 were caught offguard, especially the last minute shoppers. I didnt shop anything. Do we really need to buy a pair of Baju Melayu every year? Think about it.

On this 'day of victory', I would like to beg forgiveness from my parents, my siblings, family and friends.

My special apology to A Voice whom I still owe RM500 (hehehehe...., kita kira kemudian la, bro), best wishes to my cousin-bro Rockybru (whose parents passed away some years ago), my special appreciation for Sdr Kadir Jasin of The Scribe (who used to help me a lot when I was stranded in the 'desert') and my 'Salam Aidilfitri' to the rest of friends and bloggers.

Here in Malaysia, we enjoy every festival together. No other countries play host to numerous wonderful events like ours.

In 1984, I had the first experience celebrating Hari Raya away from this country. I was in Iraq. No be precise, Basrah.

On the eve of Syawal, I took a train ride from Baghdad to this southern port, only to discover on arrival in the morning (after an 8-hour journey) that I was among 5 people alive on the 14-carrier train. The rest were corpses of dead soldiers. Iraq and Iraq were at war then.

I wrote that for Berita Harian in June the same year.

Folks, enjoy your holidays, drive carefully and always observe good gesture among us.

SALAM.

3 comments:

Estrelita Soliano Grosse said...

Selamat Hari Raya to you! :)

Rocky's Bru said...

Selamat Hari Raya bro.

The other night at a buka puasa with the DPM and Tun Dr M, I was seated beside Dr Siti Hasmah. I asked her if she had celebrated Hari Raya abroad. Only once, she said. "In 2003, in Phuket. That was the year Mahathir retired so we had a chance to celebrate Hari Raya Haji with the whole family overseas". She's sharp.

I celebrated Hari Raya abroad only once (macam lu, gua pun tak pergi U kat luar negeri). That was London in 1992. Zaman Jahiliah, so Ramadan pun lupa. Pagi Raya, I wanted to pray where the guys were planning to go for sembahyang eid, but Wan Hulaimi left without telling me. Later, he told me that they didn't think I'd celebrate Aidil Fitri because I wasn't fasting! Gua kecik hati tapi padan muka.

Wahlanne.

A Voice said...

Forget about the RM500 la brader. I will think of it when I am short to pay my bill .... hehehe