Tuesday, May 19, 2009

No BN for Penanti

I have said late last month that Penanti by-election was not worth a contest. It was a political gimmick. I even suggested for the by-election not to be held at all, and that the government should set up a special committee to look after the well-being of the 'no wakil rakyat' constituencies.

We had one too many already. Spending unnecessarily on 'unsecured' results is one thing. Stepping into PR political game is the other. Afterall, a win in Penanti will not give BN an edge to overturn the DAP state government in Penang.

Let PR candidate takes on the Independent, no matter how many this time around. I dont think PR can breeze through easily as one or two Independents could pose a threat to them. If this is the sort of free election they've been looking for, they might take a beating on May 31.

BN was quick enough to determine the cahood behind all this. PR's hocus-pocus will lead them to nowhere. The people of Penanti were blased with how PR manipulated them. On polling day, they will sock the Opposition.

Penanti may come under Permatang Pauh parliamentary constituency but it doesnt mean Anwar Ibrahim can suck them into his agenda.

Lets see...

15 comments:

kulop ludin said...

elok pun. harap2 pengundi penanti pun tak keluar mengundi. padan muka

Anonymous said...

wise move, najib!

Anonymous said...

its a good decision by bn not to contest.
my only worry is what will the rakyat of penanti think of?

Anonymous said...

awat tak sughuh anwar bertanding?

Anonymous said...

Jai,

Ambik kau, PR main snooker sorang sorang.

Mus

Wong Pencen said...

By not contesting for Penanti, BN is behaving like an opposition party. It may be a political game, lead by Anwar but BN is at risk of being seen by many as 'getting use to being an opposition'.

Mr.KETAM said...

CONTOH JELAS BAPAK BOREK ANAK RINTIK!!YANG MEMPERTIKAIKAN MORALITI ORANG LAIN TETAPI KELUARGA SENDIRI PUN TAK RETI NAK JAGA

Raja Petra’s son pleads guilty to theft


SHAH ALAM: Raja Azman Raja Petra, the 32-year-old son of Malaysia Today editor Raja Petra Raja Kamarudin, pleaded guilty at the Magistrates Court here to four counts of stealing motorbikes, house break-ins and possessing stolen goods.

bujai said...

mus,

dio main dengan novis je. tapi jangan silap sangko, dio praktis tu untuk frame pr13...

si pitak said...

i dont get it. for the first time we refused to participate.

dr m himself has said earlier that its important for bn to field its candidate in penanti, regardless of what the outcome might be.

whats the motive behind this, najib?

si pitak said...

apsal pulak nih?

sahabat said...

hangpa memang penakut.

memang la pr makin kuat di penang tapi takkan la hangpa merajuk, terus tak mau lawan kot!

Anonymous said...

after 4 beatings, i think that's why bn decided to skip penanti.

what happened, bn? scared of more loses?

guar said...

woi!

ni yang tak syok ni.

aku nak tengok bn lawan dan kalah dan kalah dan kalah lagi!

kawan lamo said...

jai,

aku setuju. kerajaan sepatutnya menubuhkan sebuah jawatankuasa khas kabinet bagi menjaga kepentingan rakyat di kawasan yang 'hilang' wakil rakyatnya.

suruhanjaya pilihanraya boleh mengemukakan usul pindaan kepada dewan rakyat dan dewan negara agar diluluskan. tak ada guna kita adakan terlalu banyak pilihanraya kecil peringkat parlimen atau negeri. ia suatu pembaziran. duit sebanyak itu boleh digunakan untuk membangunkan kawasan terbabit, sama ada ia diwakili parti kerajaan atau pembangkang.

boyar said...

cakap la takut! senang sikit kami di penanti ni buat pilihan!